Thursday, April 1, 2010

My First Ever Post!

This is so strange writing a post with no idea if anyone will even read it! But ohwell I must start somewhere. I have to credit the most wonderful blogger A-M at The House that A-M Built for my love of design blogs. She recently finished building her home and its like the coolest thing ever!!! We have such similar tastes (although clearly different budgets boo hoo for me)!! We finished the main build of our house before I got to see her finished project so I was quite disappointed I never got to raid more of her structural ideas before it was too late.


We finished our build in Nov 2008 but I'm still very much in the thick of finishing touches for decor so I plan to use this blog to rant about all my final design choices. Today my hubby and I had to dig out an old photo of the little house that used to be on our property before we sold it for removal and built new. We used to call it our little green dolls house. We lived in it for a few years and loved it to bits. Here it is...




The reason for digging it out is that a wonderful artist Gavin Smith is going to be painting a water colour of it for us. We just recently picked up another painting of his at a fundraiser for our local Family Centre which is an amazing charity that supports new mums with all the tricky little occurances that come along with motherhood i.e how to feed the baby and manage to get some sleep!! I used the centre when Mila was rejecting the bottle and they were amazing. Here is that painting called 'old friends'. I may get Gavin to call our new painting 'our windy spot' given it was the original house here at our windy spot. I plan to hang the paintings side by side and I'll take a photo when its all complete.


Wow my first post is really long!!! Ok so to round it off here is a photo of tonights dinner. It looked so good I just had to take a photo. I had these yummy prawns but nothing else for dinner so I made use of good old pasta. All I added was some garlic, fresh mint and basil, good old watties tomato soup, some parmesan and crumbled feta and a few capers. REALLY yummy and sooo easy :)


Tomorrow I'm going to post lots of Easter ideas (rather late I know) in preparation for hosting Easter Sunday and Monday Lunches.

Olivia :)













3 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for your kind words about my bloggy and my house. I remember my first post, wondering if anyone would ever find me too! When the first comments came in, I was over the moon and 2 years later I still am over the moon meeting lovely new people, kindred in our life goals and design tastes! I will add you to my bloggy list and follow your lovely new blog with great enthusiasm! I love your little green house. I too had a little house that we removed. I've started at the beginning of your blog so I am making my way up! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia, I too am very new to the blogging world. Congratulations on getting started. I too have a blog, at the moment it is very family orientated, cause we are off on a big trip. But when I get back I want to do something housey like yours as I too am obsessed with the house design and decor world. A-M's blog is the one who got me started and I think is the guru of house blogs. Good luck and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That A-M is such a sweetheart and such an inspiration! Looking forward to following your bloggy adventures! K xx

    ReplyDelete