Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Over !

Easter cake before....


.........and after


Well Easter did not turn out quite as expected but at least the chocolate cake (complete with my little homemade nest of eggs!) was a total hit!!

We had to cancel our Sunday family lunch as my niece came down with strep throat and Dad ended up in hospital (his second home) with a few complications following a nasty accident a week or so ago where his ankle was run over by a run away truck (long story). They are all fine and at least this cancellation had one hidden benefit of avoiding another day of constant chocolate consumption.

I've posted some photos below of my table for today's lunch with Kent's family. We had a great time - first with the egg hunt, then a scrummy lunch and then we blobbed and watched 'The Proposal' on box office!! great day.

I wanted a colourful mixed pastel theme for the table and decided to make use of a bunch of different glasses, coasters, placemats etc so very ecclectic. I hung lots of pretty easter eggs from our chandlier. I picked them up in a bargain bin at the Stevens outlet store for $4.50 yah. Due to the little ones in the lunch party I had to avoid a draping table cloth!




table








place settings


hanging eggs





Here is a photo of some scrummy treats made by Kent's sister Melissa - very kiwiana and cool. I totally forgot to take photos of any other food including the most delicious stack of homemade hot cross buns by Kent's mum!! silly me they were delicious.


Also on the lunch menu was:


Rustic pork & sage loaf wrapped in streaky bacon


Homegrown potatoes with a homemade basil & mint pesto


Red cabbage, apple & walnut slaw


Homemade beetroot & apple chutney.




It was super yummy and I'm super full. I hope everyone had a fabulous easter. This week I'm looking forward to posting about lots of DIY projects I have on the go.




Olivia :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia, it all looks very gorgeous! Thank you so much for your huge compliment! I certainly don't feel stylish, just trying very hard! Your blog looks lovely..I'll put you on my blog roll so I can keep up with you..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete