Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lovely Lavender


Well today I had been planning to post about the shelves in my kitchen but alas half way through taking photos my camera putted out of battery (too many photos of Mila and I feeding ducks yesterday!!!). So that will just have to wait I'm sorry!!

Looking for new inspiration I found this photo of our lavender bushes at our home and thought I'd post about my love affair with lavender......
The lavender is still young so should hopefully grow alot lusher

Lavender is so beautiful and fragrant and once you have it in your garden its so easy to pick for a simple vase that will lift any room. Often when building a new home the landscaping can lag behind but luckily for me my mother-in-law is an amazing landscape designer and my husband is a landscape constructor (if that's even a word!!). This meant lots of attention to our landscape and I could just add lavender to my wishlist and I got these lovely bushes adorning a gorgeous path. Check out their website line & design for more photos of my husband's lovely creations.

Lavender is also very sentimental to me as hubby proposed to me at Lavender Hill a gorgeous homestay atop a hill on the magnificent Waiheke Island. Look at this beautiful spot....




I was sure to sneak some lavender into our wedding day. Here it was nestled into our orders of service.



If your gardens are looking for something new give lavender a try it really is lovely!!

See you soon with those kitchen shelves. Oh also before I forget. I recently saw a photo on a blog of this gorgeous huge bathroom mirror that ran almost from ceiling to floor, was framed with an ornate black frame, and was attached flush to the wall. The bathroom vanity was then attached onto the middle of the mirror, so the whole mirror framed the vanilty. It was SUPER gorgeous and something I will definitely be doing if I ever build again. Any chances anyone knows where I saw it I can't seem to remember where it was and I need to pass it onto my Mum?
Olivia:)

3 comments:

  1. I have lavender in my garden also, I let it get a bit out of control last year & when we cut it back it was too 'woody' so we took most of it out. Just waiting for it to cool down so we can do a replant.
    I have seen the bathroom mirror you were referring to. I cant think off hand where but if I do I will let you know. Just recently though I did see a entrance mirror like that with a shelf in the middle , I have that photo stored (or was that from your blog because there are all these framed pictures on the wall around the side ?
    I feel lost without my camera , 2 days now without it ! Went out today to find one , came home with everything but. If I had a camera Id do a post on what I bought.
    Karyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic lavender path, it's exquisite! Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogville! I've found you thanks to the lovely A-M, and look forward to following. Your blog looks great and you've found lots of like-minded designaholics here, yours truly included!
    Kerri xx

    ReplyDelete