Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hit by the party bug.....

On a 'bug' topic unrelated to the heading of this post my little one took a whole week to recover from that nasty tummy bug so alas blogging was off my list for the last week. Hubby and I have also been sick so its been a bit of a house of misery here. My intended posts on persian rugs and my kitchen shelves will have to wait a few more days!!!

Today I thought I'd do a quick post to share the creative genius that is my sister. She hosted her daughter's (my niece's) 1st birthday on the weekend. Charlotte is 7 weeks younger than Mila so it was only 7 short weeks ago that I was in the thick of this myself. At the time my sister politely told me she thought I was "mad" for going to so much effort and as she put it she would be having "only sausage rolls at Charlottes", to which I just chuckled and said "wait till you get hit by the party bug....it will happen".

I noticed the party bug creeping in a few weeks ago when she mentioned casually that she may have a garden theme given that Charlotte has always been our little ladybird. Well here is her little garden themed party (and yes there were sausage rolls too).....

The kiddie table

The ladybird cake

Garden gnomes



cupcakes


toad thingys (can't remember what they are called)


toffee apples



flower pops



hedgehogs



flower bed cake



lilypad pond


........and this is only some of the kiddie stuff, you should have seen the food for the adults...insanely good. Well done Gabes, love you xoxox
Olivia :)





5 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! I thought I was good with the themed party thing. This is a whole new level. You two should go into business. What a fab. party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic theming ! How lovely to have someone in your family with the same passion , it must be fun.
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic effort, such detail...still love the polka dot & cup cake though!!

    Mrs C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I absolutely love it. Everything looks so perfect. I'm very inspired for our upcoming 3 year old party..Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed! Perfect party theme and I love all the details!
    How have you been Olivia? Me quite busy but trying to catch up on all the great post that I've missed.
    TC, Anna

    ReplyDelete