Monday, June 18, 2012

Go Fish!

Even though it's still 6 months away I have picked a theme for Luka's 2nd birthday party and started some mental planning.  Age 2 is sort of the last year where I figure I still have a bit of creative freedom with the theme choice because they aren't quite old enough to voice their own opinion about what they want.  Well Mila hadn't by the age of 2 so for her theme I went with some of her first non "mummy and daddy" words - "birds, trees, flowers & bees".  If Luka does develop an intense love of something distinct over the next few months then i'll go with that of course but until then i'll keep making a plan for my theme choice which i'm so excited about because I haven't seen it anywhere before (touch wood!) and its super cute.  For his 1st birthday theme I handed the reigns over to Kent and let him choose, and surprise surprise it took all of 2 seconds for him to declare "FISHING".  So fishing it was....well I changed it a tiny bit... GO FISH !

















I must say I still look at the little fish tank goodie boxes and smile :)  I loved coming up with the little choccie fish swimming in the blue jelly beans!

Olivia


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've just discovered your blog and have been enjoying looking through all the photos of your beautifully decorated parties. I'm about to throw my first kids birthday party for my daughter who will be 3 in November (all previous parties have just been family dinners, so this is the first with little friends over). I'm stressing a bit about quite what food to provide and how much of each type to make a good "party table" and was wondering if you have developed a bit of a formula over time for your party tables with so many cupcakes, certain no. of savoury dishes, certain no. of sweet etc.?? I'm sure it will all work out fine, but any tips you could share would be much appreciated. We are having 6 to 10 little people over with their Mums. Thanks Jenny

    ReplyDelete